Last Updated October 13, 2021.
It goes without saying that travel is one thing that all of us are looking forward to after the pandemic.
For 2022, interest has been incredibly high and we are so excited about the prospect of returning to the world class wilderness destinations we know and love!
Our small groups, experienced team, remote and wild destinations and proven communicable disease protocols are all reasons that an expedition with us is a safe way to return to a well lived life!
We know that when we resume operations we will exceed the requirements described by Health Canada.
We take our responsibility to provide the safest experience seriously. We recognize that choice to travel is a personal one and have accommodating cancellation policies to ensure that our guests can book with confidence.
Book with confidence
To give you added comfort we have adjusted our 2022 cancelation policies to ensure that you can reserve the trip of lifetime worry free!
A 30% deposit is required to hold your spot and is fully refundable up to 90 days prior to your expedition start date. On this date, your final payment becomes due and all payments become non-refundable, except for the two following circumstances:
- Should government travel restrictions related to the COVID-19 pandemic be imposed in the jurisdiction in which your expedition is set to take place or your home jurisdiction, which impacts your ability to join the trip, you will receive a full refund or may choose to transfer your booking to a future departure of your choosing.
- If you test positive for COVID-19 prior to departure and are unable to join the trip, you will receive a full credit for future travel.
- If you choose to cancel your reservation after making a deposit, no cancellation fee will be charged.
This new policy applies to all bookings made after September 1, 2020.
For reservations for our 2023 season, a $500 deposit is required to hold your space. This deposit is fully refundable and we will be in touch in September 2022 with an update on our cancellation policy for the 2023 season prior to asking for a 30% deposit to confirm your reservation.
To keep everyone on our trips safe, we will be following these safety guidelines:
Prior to departure it is all of our responsibilities to take extra care to avoid contacts.
- Two weeks prior to departure we ask that all guests begin to take extra precautions by following Health Canada guidelines and to minimize contact with those outside of their immediate household.
- We recommend that our guests receive any of the COVID-19 vaccines approved by Health Canada.
- We require that all guests purchase and travel with health insurance that will cover evacuation in the unlikely event of the development of COVID symptoms.
Upon Arrival at your Starting point:
- Upon arrival in your destination we will not be interacting with local communities to ensure their safety.
- Mask wearing will be required where social distancing is not possible. We ask that everyone bring at least two non-medical, reusable/washable masks for their journey. Washing facilities will be provided while on your trip.
While on your expedition:
- Your guides will be vigilant for signs of possible COVID infection.
- Masks must be worn when physical distancing is not possible, such as in charter aircraft
- All equipment issued to you is for your use only including tents, PFDs, paddles and helmets. All equipment is washed and sanitized between uses.
- All group equipment will be sanitized daily
- Any equipment that may be used by multiple group members will have hand hygiene systems in place for use before and after.
- Approved evacuation and emergency management systems are in place and will be managed by your Trip Leader and the Nahanni River Adventures and Canadian River Expeditions Managers.
Please contact us if you have additional questions.