The Soper River
- Your Twin Otter flight begins in Iqaluit, Baffin Island
- Great hiking and showy wildflowers
- Unusual concentration of wildlife in the Soper River valley
- Canadian Heritage River
- Used by the Inuit as a vital source of food and travel for countless generations
- Our visit to Kimmirut is an Inuit cultural immersion
The Soper River winds through the tundra-covered hills of southern Baffin Island in eastern Canada. The Inuit who live here call the Soper River Kuujuaq, “the big river.” Although the Soper is navigable for only 50 kilometres by canoe, it’s a major river by Baffin Island standards.