The Wind River
- Part of the greatest constellation of wild mountain rivers in North America
- In the heart of the Peel watershed, a huge tract of unspoiled wilderness currently threatened by government plans for development
- Wind River valley was the setting for the fabled “Lost Patrol,” a doomed group of North-West Mounted Police in the early 1900s
- Wildflowers and wildlife abound, including Dall sheep, mountain caribou, moose, wolves and raptors
- Whitewater canoe excitement through the crags of dramatic mountain ranges
At a floatplane base in the remote town of Mayo, on the Stewart River, gear and canoeists are loaded into a Single Otter aircraft. The ensuing flight is a dramatic introduction to the Wernecke Mountains.