We accept reservations on a first come, first served basis. We encourage you to reserve your space as we cannot overfill our trips.
The first step is to reserve your spot on one of our trips. You can do that using our online booking request form. Once we receive your booking request, we will contact you to confirm your trip dates and we’ll request that you read and sign our waiver and release form prior to making a deposit. We require a signed waiver and a deposit to reserve your spot. Then we’ll send you a detailed pre-trip package that will help you prepare for your adventure.
Scroll down to read more on our Payment & Cancelation policy, Insurance and more.
Once you have been contacted and the deposit has been accepted, please fill out the form below. Our Expeditions Planners are available to support you with this form at any time if you need assistance.
Online Guest Information Form
(please only submit this form once per trip per guest and then contact us if subsequent changes need to be made)
Payment & Cancelation Policy
A deposit of 30% of the trip fee is required to hold your reservation. The balance of the trip fee is due 90 days prior to departure, after which time, no refund will be available. Refunds can be issued up to 90 days prior to the trip date but a $100 administration fee (per person) will be deducted.
Our prices are quoted in Canadian funds and a 5% general sales tax will apply. On our website, for your convenience, we’ve listed US prices that fluctuate according to the daily exchange rate. If you choose to pay with credit card please understand that we have to process the payment in Canadian funds, but your credit card company will automatically convert it to your currency. We accept cheques in Canadian and US funds (US cheques will be converted using the daily exchange rate when we receive the cheque – not the day you write the check). Bank transfers are also possible – please contact us for further information.
Charter Trips / Permit Buy-out
(Applies if you’re booking a trip exclusively for your private group.)
When fully booking a trip for your own group or booking the total number of spaces available, the spaces are non-refundable after Jan 1st. The payment balance for group trips is due March 1st.
You Should Know
- Should we be forced to change itineraries or locations due to circumstances beyond our control (e.g. forest fires or river levels), the new plan will be left to our discretion.
- Though it’s never happened before, we reserve the right to cancel a trip up to 14 days prior to starting date. If we must cancel, a full refund will be made. If this occurs, we’ll endeavor to meet your needs with another trip at the earliest possible date.
- We require a minimum of 6 participants for most of our trips. Please check with us prior to booking your flights to ensure we have adequate numbers. We will not refund flight costs.
- No matter where you travel in the world, it’s possible that conditions beyond anyone’s control may alter your itinerary. If we incur expenses for unexpected logistical arrangements not covered in the printed itinerary, the cost will be evenly divided among the participants. We rarely encounter such a situation, but the policy is an industry norm of which we wish to inform you.
- We will not take an unnecessary risk by travelling any river if the water volume is identified as too high according to our judgment. In such situations, we sit tight until the volume drops or we can arrange an egress flight. The cost of such arrangements would be shared evenly amongst the participants.
- If you require an evacuation for any reason, the expense incurred through the evacuation will be borne by you. For this reason we recommend that you purchase medical evacuation insurance.
- We reserve the right to levy a surcharge for spikes in supplier cost. We set our prices 18 months out and lock in what resources we can. While we do our best to project cost increases, our business is heavily dependent on aviation and ground transportation, and as such, may be vulnerable to unforeseen spikes in cost. As a small business we have limited ability to absorb these rare events. If a surcharge becomes necessary, you will be notified at the earliest possible time.
We strongly recommend trip cancellation and medical evacuation insurance. We recommend a package that includes coverage for evacuation, and for Canadians, has additional medical coverage. These packages cost around 7% percent of the package cost and usually include cancellation insurance.
Call our office for more information concerning purchasing this insurance.
If you have pre-existing insurance policies please check to ensure your medical insurance will cover you away from home and includes evacuation coverage outside of your home region.
Preparations for our expeditions begin with a great deal of planning, months (in some cases, years) in advance. For this reason we must maintain the policy that no refunds are available within the 90 day period before each trip and we highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. The policy covers such things as injury, illness or death. The policy is refundable until 90 days prior to trip departure.
If purchasing your insurance before any portion of your trip becomes non-refundable, you will be eligible for the “Cancel for any Reason” clause. This clause allows you to cancel up to 14 days prior to the start date of your trip “for any reason”, and will refund you 50% back of the total cost of your total travel package.
For custom or private experiences payments are due and non-refundable after January 1st of the calendar year in which you are travelling.
Medical evacuation insurance is encouraged because if you require an evacuation the expenses incurred will be billed to you. Due to the remote wilderness locations of our expeditions, an evacuation could easily cost over $50,000!
Both trip cancellation and medical evacuation insurance may be purchased separately. Insurance is only available to purchase up to 90 days prior to your trip date. The price will vary according to your age, where you reside, and details of your trip.
If you have any questions about the insurance, or if you would simply like a price quote, we recommend contacting the travel agents at Uniglobe Specialty Travel.
Karin, Uniglobe Specialty Travel
Toll-free within Canada: 1-866-932-2565
Direct for US/International: 1-867-668-3300