- Flows through the most diversely dramatic landscape in the high arctic from the British Mountains to the Beaufort Sea
- Fantastic hiking through stunning wildflowers
- Tremendous whitewater in shallow canyons that cut through the tundra to the Arctic Ocean
- Adjacent to the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) and on the migration route of the famed Porcupine caribou herd
- Traditional territory of the Inuvialuit people
- Home to the most northerly herd of Dall sheep in the world as well as muskox, caribou, wolves, fox, grizzly and raptors
- One of the oldest rivers on the continent
Explore the Firth River, a hidden jewel deep in Canada’s north. Firth River country, where the mountains of northwestern North America reach the Arctic Ocean, lies deep within the northern Yukon, adjacent to Alaska.